- 1. Move any furniture that you can.
- Make sure small items are off the floors.
- Do a quick vacuum of the room.
- Fill up the machine with warm water and the carpet cleaner solution that your machine recommends.
- Spot treat any stains.
- Start at the farthest corner in the room.
- Follow the directions for your machine on how to operate it.
- Slowly move the carpet cleaner parallel to the walls so you get those carpet lines.
- Go over the carpet with the machine to lift up any additional moisture.
- Empty the tank (yuck!), rinse thoroughly, and allow to dry completely before putting the machine back together.
- Vacuum the carpet to pick up any lint or debris that the carpet cleaner unearthed.
- Enjoy your clean carpet!